Coronavirus (COVID-19) : Meetings of the municipal council of Cookshire-Eaton behind closed doors
In accordance with government directives, from March 24th 2020 and until further notice, meetings of the municipal council will be held behind closed doors.
During this period, no citizen will be allowed to attend the council meetings in person. A question period of a maximum duration of 60 minutes will however be scheduled on the agenda of each session.
Citizens will be able to address their questions using the online form below.
Question eligibility criteria
- Questions must be sent before 4 p.m. the day before the day of the session and be no longer than 600 characters.
- All questions received will be submitted to the council for a response in accordance with the provisions of the By-law concerning the internal management of council meetings at the Town of Cookshire-Eaton at the time provided for this purpose according to the agenda.
- A question must be in the interrogative form and contain only the words necessary to obtain the requested information. It must relate to a subject of public interest that falls within the City’s jurisdiction.
- In order to ensure an answer to the questions, the following order of priority will be established within the time allotted for the question period:
- Citizens who have more than one question will get their second question answered after the single questions are exhausted.
- If the number of questions received is too large, a draw will be made.
- Outstanding issues will be dealt with at the next meeting.
Agenda (available in french only)